Monday, June 17, 2013

Makenna's First Dance Competition

Saturday April 27th


Makenna had her first dance competition, Releve, back in April and they did awesome!  She was so excited to go out on stage and she was even the one to count to go off the stage.  Meaning after they danced she would yell "5,6,7,8" and that would give her team the cue to stand up and walk off.  She was really nervous to do it at first but she did amazing and now she's not afraid to say it anymore.  After the competition they did a master class with some boy dancer (as Makenna says) and then after that they did a dance off and then awards.  She had lots of fun and her team even placed!  They won the Pink Diamond award.  They didn't have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place so I don't know how they placed.  I do know that the White diamond was the highest award so they didn't place the highest and I know they didn't place the lowest but they did place somewhere in there.  The girls where so excited to win a trophy and it was all Makenna could talk about.  I'm glad they did well enough to get one!  It was an awesome experience for her and she just wants to keep dancing and to keep getting trophies!  So I told her to keep working hard and she will be awesome.  Here are some pictures of her dancing.  She is in the very middle. 








Aren't they the cutest little dancers ever!  I love their costume and I even love their hair.  It was hard and frustrating to get that bow bun just right at first but after lots of practice I just love it! 

Here are pictures of them at the awards afterwards with their trophy.  They were so proud!

 (Makenna is the second one in from the right)
 


Thank you so much Shellie for coming and getting decent pics of her actually dancing!  My camera can't do any of that!  I think I really need to start saving up my money so I can get a nice camera to take nice pictures of her dancing!

Great job Makenna!  We are so proud of out amazing dancer! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment