Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Elf on the Shelf

December 2012

I thought for Christmas it would be fun to do the whole Elf on a Shelf thing.  It was lots of fun but we had a really rough December so it was hard to keep up with him.  Wes was in Vegas so I was doing it by myself during the week and we were lucky enough to get the rota virus.  Yuck!  So every Friday for 3 weeks in a row I had a puking kid.  And it would continue for about 5-7 days until the next one came down with it.  It.  Was.  Awful.  But we survived (barely).  So back to the Elf, he came to our house on December 1st and the kids had so much fun when they saw him.  They gave him his name and would talk to him occasionally.  I wish I could remember his name right now but since it is now May, I have forgotten.  (When he comes back in December I will have to come back and write down his name). 

It was lots of fun seeing where he would be the next morning after he reported to Santa at the North Pole.  Since Wes was out of town I wanted him to see some of the crazy things he was doing so I took a few pictures when I could remember.  Here are some of the pics of our Elf.

This is when he showed up in our family room



He toilet papered our tree!


He hung out with Kason!
 
 
 He got into our cookies and Kason was VERY upset about it!  He was in tears when he found our Elf.


Hanging out watching tv with us


Taking a bubble bath at Barbie's house


 
Sliding down our banister.  He was being kind of naughty!


Makenna really wanted a star on top of our tree and our Elf found out so he made us one and put it up for us.  He was a very nice Elf.  :)


Riding Cinderella's horse


Sliding down a zip line with a candy cane

 
 
I had a diet coke left out on the kitchen table and he decided to go and sneak a drink but I caught him!  The kids really loved that one and thought it was funny. 
 

So it was something fun to do and I don't know if he will come every year but it was fun to have him come and keep his eyes on the kids.  I really think it helped the kids behave and I really needed that extra help!

Update:  Makenna said to me the other day, "I sure miss Rex.  I can't wait tell he comes back again."  So now I know his name!  It's Rex!

No comments:

Post a Comment