Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Electric Run Birthday Party!

For my birthday this year I told Weston I didn't want a present.  I just wanted to do an activity.  And by an activity I just wanted to do anything.  Some examples I gave Weston were a concert, a trip to Disneyland, an event like a motorcycle race, or the BYU vs Utah football game.  And what we finally ended up doing was the Electric Run.  It was a 5k at Thanksgiving Point.  What was fun about this was it was at night time and everything and everyone was lit up!  It was seriously so much fun!  Rus and Kristy even got me the coolest shoe laces to put in my shoes that were glow in the dark. 

So after we had cake and presents with the kids Weston and I got all ready and went to the Electric Run.  I wore Makenna's light up Tinkerbell wings and had on glow stick necklaces and bracelets.  Weston had on the glow sticks too.  And once it got all dark they had the course all lit up and tons of music playing.  And then after the race they had a big stage with music and dancing.  It was a big old party that was lots of fun.  We stuck around for a little bit and then we decided to go get some dinner.  And where do you think we ended up?  Oh ya, we went to good old Denny's!  It was so delicious!  Denny's is always a treat because we are so egg deprived at our house! 

Here are some pics of us before the run started

 

This was at the starting line with everyone waiting for it to begin.

This was one of the parts during it

And this is us afterwards!

It was seriously so much fun.  I just loved getting out and doing something totally new and different.  Thanks Wes for an awesome birthday!  Your the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment