Sunday, September 29, 2013

8 Year Anniversary

June 2nd, 2013

This year we celebrated our 8th anniversary.  It's crazy to think we've been married for that long.  At times it feels like we've been together forever but other times I can't believe it's been 8 years already!  I feel like it was just a year or two ago that we got married.  But it's been a great 8 years!  And although sometimes it's hard more often than not it's great!  I love our weekend dates and it doesn't matter if we go out or if we get take out and stay at home, I just love spending the time with Weston. 

Luckily though we did get to go out for our anniversary.  I wanted to go some where really fancy where we would have to dress up to go.  But when we started looking at those types of restaurants I realized there wasn't much that I wanted to eat.  So we decided to go to The Melting Pot up in Salt Lake.  It was amazing!!!!  I really liked everything about it.  Because you have to cook your own food you eat at a slower pace and it is just so relaxing!  It was also very nice and quiet.  And the food was so yummy!  Especially the dessert!  I had talked to a couple people that had eaten there and everyone said that they spent well over $100 so that is what we were expecting.  But for 3 courses for the two of us we only spent just over $80 and that included the tip!  So even though that is triple or even quadruple what we normally spend on a dinner out I was very happy that we didn't spend over $100.  And I would definitely go again in a heartbeat!  (I'm sure it will be another 8 years though!)


I didn't think about getting a picture of our appetizer which was a cheese fondue.  We dipped bread and veggies in it and it was yummy!  This was a dinner.  It was amazing and so much fun!  We had veggies and then I had pot stickers some BBQ pork and then some kind of steak.  Weston tried 3 different types of steak. 


This was a dessert!  So yummy!!!!  I could've eaten it all myself!  We picked a chocolate peanut butter fondue.  I thought I was going to die it was so delicious!  They had strawberries, banana's, cheesecake, brownies, marshmallows and rice krispies to dip.  I practically died and went to heaven!


It's safe to say that this year was so much fun.  I love getting out and spending alone time with Weston.  I can't wait tell next year!  Love you Wes!  You are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment